NBA TEAM RANKINGS
by Michael and Caleb, Rams Record Editors
NBA Team Rankings
Here I have my 2018-2019 NBA season team rankings. Click the link above to look at the 3-page slideshow explaining why I ranked the teams in their respective places.
Monday, November 19, 2018
By:Jacob and Evan, Rams Record Editor
- How many apples grow on trees?
- All of them
- 5/4 of people admit that they’re bad with fractions.
- Did you know the first French fries weren't actually cooked in France?
- They were cooked in Greece
- Don’t trust atoms they make up everything.
- What do you call someone with no body and no nose?
- Nobody knows.
- Why can’t you have a nose 12 inches long?
- Because it would be a foot.
- How do you make a kleenex dance?
- Put some boogie into it !
- What do you call a fake noodle?
- an impasta.
- Can February March?
- No,April May
- Wanna hear a joke about paper.
- Nevermind it’s TEARrible.
- Where did the one legged waiter work?
- I was going to take an all almond diet.
- But in the end I thought it was nuts!
- Where do you learn to make ice-cream-
- Sunday school.
- I’m so good at sleeping I can do it with my eyes closed!
- What do you call a sketchy Italian neighborhood-
- the spaghetto.
- Did you hear about the "kid-napping" at school?
- It's fine, he woke up.
- The rotation of the Earth really makes my day.
- Did you hear the rumor of the butter.
- Nevermind I'm not gonna spread it.
- Did you hear the story of the cookie?
- It was very crumby.
By Lydia, Rams Record Editor
2 cups of all purpose flour
¾ cup of sugar
3 ½ teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs (separated)
1 ½ cup whole milk
1 cup butter (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
In bowl #1 combine flour, sugar, and baking powder
In bowl #2 lightly beat egg yolks
In bowl #2 also add milk, butter, and vanilla.
Stir the contents of bowl #2 into dry ingredients in bowl #1. Mix well.
Beat egg whites until stiff peak forms
Fold into batter
Bake on a waffle iron
Afterward, top with strawberries or syrup or anything you would like to put on your waffle.
Monday, November 5, 2018
Call Of Duty Black Ops 4
By: Dale, Rams Record editor
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is the newest CoD game with millions of people playing everyday. It is reported that the game is better than Fortnite and PUBG. You do not need to spend money to get things, except for DLC. Bo4 has 3 game modes including Blackout, Multiplayer, and Zombies.
Let's start talking about Blackout. It is one of CoD’s first battle royale game modes. It consists of solos, duos, and squads, with up to 80 players. That is 20 fewer than Fortnite and PUBG, and 16 more than the Firestorm Battle Royale mode in Battlefield 5. The game includes all of the previous maps found in the other CoD games.
Now let's talk about Multiplayer. First of all, the graphics will leave you speechless. You can play Hardcore TDM, Kill Confirmed, and many more modes. Some of the modes are won by the team which has the most kills at the end of the time. Some have certain kill limits that your team has to reach to win.
Finally, we move on to Zombies which has 3 maps IX, Voyage of Despair, and Blood of the Dead. Zombies is an intense multiplayer and singleplayer mode. You can play alone with bots. There are many waves with each wave getting harder and harder.
This is just a Quick summary of Call of Duty Black Ops 4. If you want to experience the full game and all of its features then buy it for yourself at your local game store. There are many stores to choose from Here’s a list to get you started.
WHERE to FIND CALL Of DUTY BLACK Ops 4
Insured for 2 years at 7.99.
Thursday, November 1, 2018
Surprise Cake Recipe!
By Savannah, Ram Record editor
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, softened (Not melted!) and some for pan
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups of buttercream frosting
- First multiply the ingredients by 4.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then set it aside.
- Prepare the pans so that the cake does not stick to the pans. You can spray them with cooking spray, rub the sides and bottom with butter, use flour, or use parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Mix together for about 3 to 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Next, add in the eggs one at a time. Beat until the batter is very smooth and creamy-looking. Make sure that the eggs are at room temp.
- Beat in half of the flour, baking powder, and the salt. Add it into the mixer at low speed. Mix until it has all been incorporated.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla. Alternate between the dry and wet ingredients. Stream in the milk on a low speed.
- Next beat in the flour mixture until no flour is revealed. Be sure to stir by hand with a spatula so that you can get all of the flour that may still be at the bottom of the bowl.
- Divide the batter evenly between cake pans. Make sure that it is not filled to the top because when they are in the oven they will rise.
- Take a spatula and smooth out the tops. After that gently tap the pans against the counter/table to get rid of all the air bubbles.
- Bake from 25 to 30 minutes. When it is done it should have puffed up and look golden brown. Another way to test it is to take a toothpick and stab it into the cake, in multiple places. When you take it out it should come out clean.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes in the pan. Then take a silicone spatula and trace the inside-edges of the pan to make sure that it did not stick.
- Flip the cakes out of the pans and then turn them right side up to make sure that they cool completely.
How to Assemble 😎
- First put down a bottom layer of cake. Then put a layer of buttercream frosting.
- Next put a second layer of cake on top of the first and put a layer of buttercream frosting. Repeat this until you only have one cake left to stack.
- Leave the last layer of cake separate for now because you will incorporate that later.
- Now comes the hard part, you will cut out a medium-sized circle through the second and third layer of the cake. Be sure NOT to cut the bottom layer of cake.
- Fill the cake with you favorite candy, for example: sprinkles, m&m’s, chocolate chips.
- Now around the circle of the (temporary) top layer, put some buttercream. Then place the last layer of cake. After that frost the whole cake. Then put it in the refrigerator to cool some more.
This is an idea of what the cake should come out to be like! 😋
Monday, October 29, 2018
A Weird Job
Jacob, Rams Record editor
When you think of jobs you probably think of a Mcdonald’s cashier, Police officer or maybe even a janitor. Some companies, however take their jobs’ weirdness factor to a whole new level.
For example, have you ever imagined just watching Netflix all day, but as a professional earning REAL cash to boot? Well, that’s exactly what you can do. Netflix is actually hiring people to watch their shows and rate them. Before you do a happy dance, you have to understand that this means watching ALL of the shows, good and bad ones.
Why would Netflix be paying folks to be couch potatoes? They are hiring people to evaluate and assign the right rating to the show. They want their shows to be very high quality so critics must evaluate whether a show is worth keeping or needs tossing.
Not a couch potato? Chew on this! You can be a professional gum remover. Yes, this is a real job in which you do exactly what the name implies. Perhaps you enjoy cleaning up other people’s messes. Part of the job is removing gum from the undersides of tables, streets, and other weird places.
Another weird job is that of being an odor tester. These so-called professionals smell things for a living. They sniff out such things as soaps and mouthwashes. They rate the odor on a scale of 1-10. They do this to ensure that the soap or mouthwash doesn’t smell bad.
Possibly the weirdest job is an avocado tester. The way this job came to be was that there was an Australian restaurant called Good Fats. They wanted to assess the ripeness of their avocados so they hired somebody to test the ripeness of the batch of avocados. The job does not pay you but you get to eat avocados for free.